Saturday, May 2, 2009

Wacky World of Wigs

As promised on twitter, I took the Jessica Simpson wigs for a test run (short straight and 10" curly). Overall they're a great addition for a curly haired look that stays (the curl memory is built in to the synthetic fibers). However, I've discovered other ways to use these great hair tools. (Not completely enamored with the straight one - yet, so its going back to pit for a re??? whatever the car jockeys do in the pit. Check it out on YouTube.

For those with thin hair, I find putting your hair up into a pony tail above the crown, attaching the wig, undoing the pony tail and then letting all your hair down over top is a better use of the wig and is more comfortable to wear. Of course, your own hair should be pre curled rather than curling after the wig is attached - you could catch some of the wig fiber inadvertently and find yourself hurling forth verbiage like - "I'm melting, I'm melting" that will no doubt be heard through the roof tops.

Its easy to wrap your own hair into curls using bobby pins, small sponge rollers or rags - yes, I said it, rags. They are comfortable, easy and give a great curl.

Another point - I find wearing the shorter curly wig high on the crown allows the sides to hang longer than the back of the wig giving it a current, more sophisticated approach. However, worn as instructed works just as well as a pretty casual look. Ah the choices.

Overall Rating
Comfort - decent (for synthetic hair) Ease - fairly good Styling Options - 3 (more than 1 is aces in this maven's book) Next - I'm going to cut some wefts out of the wig and create individual extensions to see if they feel more comfortable - like my straight extensions do.

Time for some caffeine and check to see if this first post works.
Would love your feedback.

Information, Lessons, Manuals, Services

Sharon Danley, Master Artist


416-361-9662


www.sharondanley.com

1 comment:

Business of Beauty said...

Great Blog. I'm just happy I have hair. Cheers
Dan